Fruity Veggie Curry
Yes you heard that right. Fruity and Veggie! This curry is so delicious and I promise you won't miss the meat at all! It ticks every box - fruity, sweet, spicy and extremely tasty! Give it a try and I hope you will be pleasantly surprised!
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 large onion, choopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp medium curry powder
- 2 dessert spoons mango chutney
- 3 small sweet potatoes, chopped into cubes
- 1 small cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 3 large handfuls of spinach
- 2 tbsp sultanas
- 1 tsp honey (can be omitted completely if watching sugar intake or substituted for 1 tsp coconut sugar to make a vegan version)
- 300 ml chicken stock (can substitute for vegetable stock)
- 2 tsp creamed coconut (I use the Lucy Bee brand as I find it gives a richer flavour)
- 3 large handfuls spinach
- 2 tbsp medium curry paste
- salt and pepper to taste
Fry the onion and garlic in the oil for 5 minutes until softened.
Add the curry powder and curry paste and fry for a further 2 minutes.
Add the sweet potato, cauliflower, stock, sultanas, honey / coconut sugar, creamed coconut and mango chutney and cook for 50 minutes until the vegetables have all softened.
Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
Serve with rice or quinoa (coconut rice goes really well with it)